If you are ever traveling to Oahu, I highly recommend purchasing a Go Oahu Card. It’s an even better deal at Costco with four days for the price of three listed on the website. With the Go Oahu card, you can attend one premium attraction and as many regular attractions as you can schedule during 4-days over a 2-week period (they do not have to be 4 consecutive days). Many of us purchased our cards during a $10 off sale so we paid $189 for a 4-day card. For the $189, we were able to do the following activities while in Oahu:
- All of Oahu in One Day Bus Tour $98 value: Carl and I did this on our first full day in Oahu and it was a great introduction to the island with a fantastic tour bus driver, “Cousin Dorothy.” She explained all sorts of facts and history of the island and stopped at many scenic places throughout the day, including the Dole Plantation.
We enjoyed the tour and although it was about 8-1/2 hours on a bus, she made frequent stops to allow us to get off at various sites for anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes for lunch.
- USS Arizona Narrated Tour at Pearl Harbor $7.50 value
- USS Bowfin Submarine at Pearl Harbor $15 value
- We could have also done the Battleship Missouri ($29 value) and Aviation Museum ($30 value) but we ran out of time
- Iolani Palace $27 value
- Makani Catamaran Sail $109 value
- Taste of Kualoa Ranch Tour $51 value
- Honolulu Museum of Art $20 value
So for Carl and I, we participated in $450 worth of activities for $189 (for each of us)…a total savings of $522!! Wow!
Many of these are activities that we wouldn’t have done if we were paying full price but since they were included, we figured why not. The key to getting the most value from your card is to plan ahead and make reservations in advance. It was definitely a deal and I’m glad that we bought these for our group. I’ll tell you about more of these activities over the next few days.
They also offer Go City Cards for other locations so if you are traveling to one of the places listed below, you might want to check it out!