After dropping me off in Tucson at my Aunt Sandy’s house, I spent the week doing the following (in the order of occurrence):
- Seeing a local production of The Producers with Aunt Sandy, her half-brother (and my half-uncle) Larry and wife Judy and a few of their friends. It was very entertaining and well done.
- Attending the local Sovereign Grace church for my weekly fill-up!
- Having a day of pampering with a pedicure and massage
- Attending the neighborhood water aerobics class three times that week. It was actually way more fun than I thought it would be.
- Playing Scrabble at the IHOP, officially making me feel like an old lady between the water aerobics and this!
- Formulating a plan with Aunt Sandy on our next genealogy project together on her father’s side of the family. We sorted through photos and began figuring out our plan of attack and we are excited about our direction.
- Having dinner with my niece, Abby, in Phoenix (after spending the day with Anthony). Anthony was originally supposed to join us for dinner but ended up having too much homework that night.
- Attending Aunt Sandy’s weekly watercolor art class which has really inspired me to start spending time in my craft room more.
I painted the parrot on the left…
And these flowers…
- Visiting Judy and Larry at their ranch in the country and meeting their horses.
- Having lunch with Judy and Larry and Sandra’s friend, Joy.
- Playing several games of scrabble during the week, ending with my victory on the last night!
It was a great week away and I’m blessed to have such a beautiful and relaxing place to escape to at my Aunt Sandy’s mountain resort. It was the perfect place to recuperate after the long drive across the country and always such a special treat to spend time with my aunt. Thanks for everything, Aunt Sandy. Until next time!
And a very happy 80th birthday to my Aunt Sandy later this week!! I’m sorry that you missed your surprise party!