Miracles from Heaven is a 2016 American Christian drama film based on the memoir of the same name by Christy Beam, which recounts the true story of her young daughter who had a near-death experience and was later cured of an incurable disease.
Carl and I watched that movie the other day and enjoyed it. I cried throughout the whole thing. If you haven’t seen it but decide to, have your hanky handy.
In the movie, the main character, played by Jennifer Garner, says the following quotes:
“Miracles are everywhere. Miracles are goodness. Miracles are love. Miracles are God.”
“Miracles are God’s way of letting us know he’s here.”
Simple Definition of miracle, according to Merriam-Webster:
an unusual or wonderful event that is believed to be caused by the power of God
a very amazing or unusual event, thing, or achievement
- Of course, the first one that always pops into our minds is Anthony’s transformation and freedom from addiction through MN Adult and Teen Challenge. In an instant, God removed Anthony’s 3+ year drug addiction and completely changed his life and his destiny. Praise be to God!
- My pregnancy with Kelly. Knowing the difficulties that we experienced (e.g. severe endometriosis, three laparoscopic surgeries, numerous drugs, daily injections, one known miscarriage) after Kelly’s birth in trying to get pregnant again for nearly 3 years, it is a miracle that I was able to have her and I am extremely grateful for that experience. Praise be to God!
- Anthony’s adoption. On the initial phone call, the adoption social worker told us “don’t get your hopes up because it’s very unlikely this adoption will ever take place.” Defying the odds, God gave Anthony to us. Praise be to God!
- Zack’s adoption. I wrote about it on my old blog, which you can read here. How we received the money for Zack’s adoption (I actually said to my husband “I guess the only way we will be able to adopt again is if somebody dies and leaves me some money.”) and the fact that Zack and I share a last name are both miraculous. Praise be to God!
- Our decision to homeschool confirmed by an unexpected bonus at work after Carl prayed that very morning “God, if it is your will to homeschool the boys, please make it apparent that you will provide for our family (after Kristy’s loss of income).”
- Carl achieving his life-long dream to work for the MN Vikings, which you can read here. Praise be to God!
- Our move to Jacksonville. Two years ago, we made the decision that it was time to leave Minnesota and we were headed for Tucson, Arizona (read here). I’m still sorry, Aunt Sandy, for abandoning you. God intervened and gave us an opportunity to head to the sunny skies of Jacksonville, FL instead (read here) and we have been very happy here. Praise be to God!
- After the Jacksonville job was not what Carl had anticipated, God brought a new and even better opportunity (read here). Praise be to God!
- My new bookkeeping job here in Jacksonville has been such a blessing (read here) and my boss and I still laugh about how wonderfully all the details worked out. We are a perfect fit for each other and have a great working relationship. I am so grateful for that steady job one day each week. Praise be to God!
Those are just the major ones that Carl and I came up with. I know that there are so many other little ways that God has worked in our lives. We have been very blessed and I am humbled by God’s love and care for our family. Praise be to God!