- It’s that time of year again! For those that don’t know…my husband and I have been videotaping dance recitals for the past 11 years. We used to tape weddings and funerals/memorial services and create celebratory photo slideshows as well but we’ve gotten away from those events since we get more bang for our buck with dance recitals.
- When living in MN, we did the annual recital for three different studios. After our move to Florida, last year Carl flew back to MN for all three dance recitals. However, since one studio was always difficult to work with, we decided to drop it after last year so we are down to two MN studios.
- Last fall, I sent out promotional information to dance studios in the Jacksonville area and picked up a new studio to replace the one we dropped. Yay…God is good!
- Carl went to MN on Mother’s Day weekend for the first recital. Since he was returning the first weekend of June for the other MN recital and the last recital in JAX wasn’t scheduled until Father’s Day, he left all of our equipment there. And then Friday, I got a call for a second recital in JAX…and it’s next Monday. Great!! God is good again. However, I suddenly realized we have no equipment. Kelly was gracious enough to pick it up for us and is sending it via Fed Ex this week. Crisis adverted.
- For the past four years, I have suffered with horrible computer issues that have made me hate video editing. So three years ago, I bought a new computer for personal/bookkeeping use, reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled the operating system and video editing software on the powerhouse editing computer that I had. And I still had the same issues. Arghhhhh! This year, after again trying to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system, the computer finally told me that there was a problem with the hard drive. After a quick trip to Best Buy for two new hard drives (one for operating system and one for the video data) for a mere $100 total, my system is finally running like the champ it was always meant to be. I am so relieved. I had considered dropping $3,000-4,000 on a new Mac computer system to finally be done with these issues and for $100 my problems have all been resolved. God is extremely good!! I just wish I had known it was a hard drive issue 4 years ago to save me years of aggravation but I really am just grateful that things are finally working again.
- If you need me, I’ll be sitting in front of the computer working on dance recitals for the next month :).