Back in 2009 and 2012, I asked all three kids a series of questions about me, their mother. Today, you can read the past and current answers from Kelly.
2009 – 18 years old
2012 – 22 years old and living in Amsterdam
2015 – 25 years old
1. What is something I always say to you?
- “When is Tristan coming over?”
- Well the past few months… “How was xyz? When will your new blog post be up? Can we google chat this weekend?”
- “What’s going on with you and (insert ex-boyfriend)?” Lol
2. What makes me happy?
- God, Your family, the computer, food.
- New gadgets, sunny warm weather, having fun with family & friends
- Living in hot and sunny Florida!
3. What makes me sad?
- the fact that John McCain got owned; when your kids are mean to you
- When you know what’s best for your children but they don’t listen!
- When your kids make bad decisions.
4. How do I make you laugh?
- just random things, I guess. All the little OCD things you do
- Extreme cleanliness/organization, random stories about the boys
- Stories about Zack’s antics
5. What do you think I was like as a child?
- I don’t know, normal? I suspect you were a bit of a tomboy, not really into girly things
- I don’t know, normal… Probably played outside a lot
- Pretty normal, maybe a little tom boyish
6. How old am I?
- 29, clearly (correct answer was 44)
- 40-something (correct answer was 47)
- Just about twice my age (lol, that’s true….right now I am exactly twice as old as my daughter)
7. How tall am I? (For the record, the answer is 5 feet, 9 inches.)
- 5’10”? Taller than me.
- ~179 centimeters, as they would say here
- 5’10” or so
8. What is my favorite thing to do?
- computer, stamp
- Do stuff on the computer, stamp/make crafts
- Hang out at the pool, craft, play games
9. What do I do when you’re not around?
- live your life?? I’m only there like 5% of the time, so…
- I’m rarely around, so everything.
10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
- I cannot think of a good answer to this for the life of me. If you were ever famous, it’d be 15 minutes for something really random
- No idea… maybe famous by association with one of your crazy sons
- Zack’s adoption story
11. What am I really good at?
- Cleaning, using the computer
- Organizing, crafts, computer stuff, planning things
12. What am I not really good at?
- Singing, selecting jeans for yourself, heating garlic bread in the oven
- Baking sometimes
13. What is my job?
- Homeschool teacher, Mom
- Bookkeeping, running the household
14. What is my favorite food?
- *all together now*: Chinese food!
15. What makes you proud of me?
- Your homeschooling abilities
- That you manage to do everything around the house while homeschooling Zack and keeping Anthony under control
- Everything! The way you raised us.
16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
17. What do you and I do together?
- Play wii
- Talk via google chat, Facebook, email
- Play games, do pool aerobics, and drink cocktails, if I was there.
18. How are we the same?
- We both like the computer, both are interested in makeup/skincare, both are yeller
- Share some of the same interests… some music, GLEE, food, computer stuff
- Creative, beautiful :), patient, responsible, neurotic about cleaning (i haven’t quite reached your level, but I’ve found myself becoming more and more like you when it comes to cleaning/keeping a tidy household)
19. How are you and I different?
- MANY ways…I love shopping and fashion, I’m pretty Liberal, I love techno, indie rock, some rap, etc
- I’m more laid back and not as clean :).
- I’m weird, liberal, and love going out to concerts and bars.
20. How do you know that I love you?
- All of the little and big things you do to support me
- You let me go on this wonderful adventure and are fully supportive!
- You’re always willing to help me out when I’m being an idiot :}
21. Where is my favorite place to go?
- I’m going to guess on vacation somewhere warm and church.
- No clue. I know Italy would be up there.
- Taco Tuesday